Preparing Teachers Committed to Excellence in Education
The mission of the Interdisciplinary Studies (Teaching Licensure – Elementary Education K-5) major and professional education programs at Tusculum University is to prepare teachers who are committed to excellence in education and who are confident in their abilities to assume leadership as educators and citizens in the communities where they live and work.
To this end, the program continues Tusculum’s focus on the civic and intellectual development of students, while fostering the skills, knowledge and habits of character vital to those involved in the education of the nation’s next generation of citizens.
- Approved by the Tennessee State Board of Education
- Clinical courses provide valuable classroom experience prior to student teaching
- Affordable with payment plans available
- Classes feature collaborative instructional atmosphere supportive of all learning styles
- Offered at the Greeneville campus with start dates in January and August
- Program completion in as little as 24 months
For more information regarding course requirements, please refer to the Tusculum University Academic Catalog.