Welcome to the Department of Campus Safety at Tusculum College. Our primary mission is to provide for the safety and security of all persons and property within the Tusculum College community. However, personal safety requires personal awareness and behaviors in support of this effort and we look to provide education in support of the efforts in this area.
Our office is located in the Niswonger Commons building, room 222. Our department works alongside the Office of Student Affairs which allows Campus Safety to be in close contact with all aspects of student life.
Tusculum College maintains a staff of competent state certified officers. Officers are on-duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Campus Safety officers represent Tusculum College as an enforcer of all College policies and procedures, security, safety, emergency responses and enforcement of all state and local laws. Campus Safety maintains a close working relationship with the Tusculum Police Department (TPD), which is located less than half a mile from the campus. TPD provides police protection to the College community and the surrounding area of Tusculum.
SERVICES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF CAMPUS SAFETY
- Escort Service: An escort service is provided 24 hours a day upon request.
- Parking and Traffic Control: Campus Safety monitors compliance with all parking and traffic regulations on campus that are listed in the parking manual.
- Vehicle Registration: All students, faculty, and staff are required to register their vehicles with Campus Safety and must display a Tusculum College parking decal.
- Fire and Trouble Alarm Response: Officers respond immediately to locations of all alarms.
- Promotion of Crime Prevention: In association with Student Affairs, Campus Safety offers self-defense classes twice a year to all interested students.
- Reporting of Crimes: Monthly reports are made to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation regarding crimes that have occurred on campus during the past month. In addition, the College also reports annually to the federal government.
Vehicle and Parking Regulations
Annual Pioneer Safety Report, Daily Crime Log Information and Crime Statistics Information
Tusculum College’s Office of Campus Safety reports all “known” incidents of crime on campus to both the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Department of Education. Incidents are transmitted to the Crime Statistics Unit of the TBI via the Internet for inclusion in the TIBRS database on a monthly basis and to the DOE on an annual basis. Additional Information on College safety policies, procedures, and criminal and safety statistics can be seen in the annual report below, and crime information can be reviewed for Tusculum College and all other accredited institutions at the state and federal levels at the following links:
A Daily Crime Log is maintained by the Office of Campus Safety to provide the Tusculum College community with information on security-related incidents that occur on campus or on surrounding off-campus property in a timely manner. The Daily Crime Log will be updated within two business days of the last reported crime. The Log is published on this website monthly (exceeding the 60-day federal disclosure standard). However, if there is clear and convincing evidence that the release of such information would jeopardize an ongoing criminal investigation or the safety of an individual, cause a suspect to flee or evade detection, or result in the destruction of evidence, such information may be withheld until that damage is no longer likely to occur from the release of such information.
TENNESSEE STATE SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY http://www.tbi.tn.gov/sorint/SOMainpg.aspx
Law enforcement information provided by the State of Tennessee concerning registered sex offenders may be obtained from the link above (in addition to information about the offender, this site includes the capability of plotting registered offenders residing within a given distance of an address supplied by the user).