While department chairs and program coordinators are responsible for leading student learning outcomes assessment at the program-level, oversight for the institutional effectiveness process for student learning outcomes, including educational programs, is the responsibility of the Student Learning Outcome (SLO) Oversight Committee.
The SLO Oversight Committee was established in early April 2019 to further strengthen the IE process and to focus, guide, and support faculty and administrators through the student learning outcome assessment process and ensure improvement and achievement of high-quality student learning
Members of the SLO Oversight Committee include:
- Suzanne Byrd, Interim Associate Dean of Education
- Katherine Everhart, General Education Assessment Coordinator
- Jacob Fait, Dean of Business
- Heather Henson-Ramsey, Dean of Science, Technology & Mathematics
- Tricia Hunsader, Provost/VPAA, Dean of Education
- Lisa Johnson-Neas, Dean of Students
- Wayne Thomas, Dean of Civic and Liberal Arts
Members work directly with department chairs and program coordinators to evaluate student learning outcomes and assessment methods for each program. The committee also redesigned the annual institutional effectiveness report and led faculty through implementation of the new format for reporting assessment activities for the 2018-19 institutional effectiveness cycle.