The Institutional Planning and Effectiveness Team ensures that the University engages in ongoing, comprehensive, and integrated research-based planning and evaluation processes that (a) focus on institutional quality and effectiveness and (b) incorporate a systematic review of institutional goals and outcomes consistent with its mission.
Effective institutions demonstrate a commitment to principles of continuous improvements, based on a systematic and documented process of assessing institutional performance with respect to mission in all aspects of the institution.
Executive Cabinet/Acting President
- Monthly, once firmly established
- Initially, in its first year, meetings will be more frequent
- The chair may call additional meetings as needed
SUPPORT & COMMUNICATION
- Given the nature of the work of the team, individuals from Information Systems and Branding will be asked to attend meetings as needed.
- As required, the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (and/or a designee) will attend Faculty Assembly, Dean’s Council, and/or Executive Cabinet to seek input, secure support, and disseminate activities and decisions.
- The Institutional Planning and Effectiveness Team does not have a dedicated budget, but has access to resources to support its work via the Institutional Research & Effectiveness operational budget.
- The work of the Institutional Planning and Effectiveness Team will be integral to the development of a prioritized list of resources necessary for institutional improvements.
- Institutional Planning and Effectiveness activities must be linked to the decision-making process at all levels and provide a sound basis for budgetary decisions and resource allocations.
12/16/2019, Approved by Cabinet
|Director of Institutional Research & Effectiveness||Institutional Research & Effectiveness||Chair, Continuing Member|
|Katherine Everhart||General Education Assessment Coordinator, Faculty||College of Civic & Liberal Arts||Continuing Member|
|Tim Carter||QEP Director, Faculty||College of Business||Continuing Member|
|Tammy Childs||Controller||Finance||Continuing Member|
|Hailey Daehnke||Faculty, Assistant Professor of Sport Management||College of Education||Appointed by Dean’s Council for first year of 2-year term|
|Merve Kester-Thomas||Faculty, Assessment Coordinator, Mathematics||College of Science, Technology, & Mathematics||Appointed by Dean’s Council for second year of 2-year term|
|Rachael Barnett||Director of Student Support Services||Staff, Academic & Student Services||Appointed by Cabinet for first year of 2-year term|
|Lisa Andrus||Director of Alumni Engagement||Staff, Administrative Support Services||Appointed by Cabinet for second year of 2-year term|
|Sheryl Burnette||Registrar||Staff, Enrollment Management & Financial Aid||Appointed by VP Enrollment Management & Financial Aid for 2-year term|