Let us help you get started.

Getting started in pursuing your education may seem overwhelming.  Having to wade through the red tape of the Veterans’ Administration and school enrollment may have you second guessing your decision to get your degree.  Our staff will work with you to ensure the smoothest possible transition to college enrollment.

Step One – Determine if you will be attending with education benefits (not sure, contact the Veteran Services Office at (423)863-1713 or email

  • Will you be applying for VA education benefits? (If so, follow steps 2 and 3 below)
  • Will you be applying for the Tennessee STRONG Act tuition reimbursement program?(If so, follow steps 2 and 3 below)
  • Will you be applying for education benefits through your military service (for those currently serving entitled to federal tuition assistance)? (If so, follow steps 2 and 3 below)
  • Will you be self-paying for college? (If so, follow step 3 below)


Step Two – Complete the Online Application


Once you have completed the application, you will be contacted by an admissions representative to guide you through the process.

Step Two (A) – (FOR THOSE USING VA EDUCATION BENEFITS). Contact the Veteran Services Office and let them know you will be using VA education benefits. Request a certificate of eligibility from the VA (for those who will be using VA education benefits) by going to The VA will send you a letter (certificate of eligibility) showing your entitlement. This process can take 30 days to receive but continue following the guidance of your admissions representative and advisor. Once this letter is received, send a copy of the letter and your DD Form 214 to

Step Two (B) – (FOR THOSE APPLYING FOR THE TN STRONG ACT). If you are serving in the TN National Guard and not eligible for federal tuition assistance, you can apply for the TN STRONG Act tuition reimbursement program. Visit

Step Two (C) – (FOR THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING USING MILITARY FEDERAL TUITION ASSISTANCE). You will want to contact your military service’s Educational Services Officer (ESO) for assistance and guidance in completing the required forms. Army (active and Reserve) can also visit

Step Three(ALL APPLICANTS) Request official transcripts.

You will need to request official military and college transcripts be sent directly to Tusculum.  Most colleges have online processing for transcripts and you can simply search online by entering the college and “transcript request” which should point you to their site. For military transcripts, go to (Army, Navy, Coast Guard and Marines) or (Air Force Community College of the Air Force).

All transcripts should be sent directly to:

Tusculum University, Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 5051, Greeneville, TN 37745