MEET THE TUTORS

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Peer Tutors – Greeneville

Jonathan Julien

Hi y’all!! My name is Jonathan Julien, known as JJ, and I am a student-athlete from Les Cayes, Haiti. I am majoring in Business Administration and Accounting, with a minor in Taxation. I am a Junior here at Tusculum University and a member of the Track and Field team. I am one of your math tutors, specifically statistics and college algebra. I like reading books, playing soccer, watching TV, and trying something new every single day, especially in sports.

Logan Mitchell

Hi everyone! My name is Logan Mitchell, and I am an Elementary Education (K-5) major. I am a sophomore here at Tusculum University. I am currently a biology tutor, a member of the Tusculum Honors Program, and a member of the Tusculum Education Club. I hail from nearby Rogersville, Tennessee. Outside of school, I love listening to old school music, watching various sports (NASCAR, wrestling, NFL, PGA), playing a few video games, and spending time with my friends and family.

Chelsea Daugherty

Hi, my name is Chelsea, and I am a Math tutor and on Tusculum’s tennis team. I am a freshman, and I plan to major in Elementary Education. In my free time, I love to hang out with my friends and family.

Annie McCullough

Hi, my name is Annie McCullough, and I am a student athlete from Northern Ireland, moving into my final semester at Tusculum University. I am a chemistry tutor here at Tusculum. I am majoring in Chemistry with a minor in Mathematics. I am also a member of the Women’s Tennis Team. Aside from playing tennis, I enjoy outdoor activities, going to the gym, spending time with family and friends, listening to music, and reading.

Emilie Hansen

Hi, my name is Emilie Hansen, and I tutor economics, accounting, and art. I am originally from Copenhagen, Denmark. I am a part of the tennis team, and I double major in Business and IT, and Art and Design. I love to listen to music, drink coffee, and work out. My main goal is to graduate from Tusculum, win some championships, and then return home to Denmark to complete my Masters. I am also a member of the International Students Organization. I can’t wait to meet you!

Paige Roberts

Yago Fernandez

I graduated high school in 2016 from San Fernando school in Aviles, Spain – my hometown. I am an outgoing person, and I enjoy playing sports outdoors and going out with friends. I am a senior here at Tusculum and the captain of the tennis team.

Chelsea Sheerin

My expected graduation date is May 2020,and I am majoring in Sports Science.  I enjoy playing soccer,  I’m originally from Ireland, and I love meeting new people from all different backgrounds and cultures.

Alejandro Perez

My name is Alejandro Perez, and I am from Spain. I am a junior at Tusculum, and I am a business management and sports management double major. I run cross country and track at Tusculum, and I love outdoor activities and spending time with my friends.

McKenzie Myers

Mae Jones

Hanna Johnson

Degreed Tutors

David Ottinger

David Ottinger is a degreed tutor with Tusculum University. David received his Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE) from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville and has completed 15 graduate hours in education from the University of Tennessee at Martin. He has worked in industry for 40 years and has been tutoring with Tusculum for over 10 years! His previous military experience includes everything from active duty in the Navy aboard submarines to cooking in the Tennessee Air National Guard. His current hobbies include bicycling and cooking.

JessimineJessimine Strauss

Jessimine Strauss is a degreed tutor with Tusculum. She is an alumna of Tusculum having earned a B.A. in Psychology. In her spare time, Jessimine enjoys watching Netflix and Bond films, reading manga, and listening to music.

WesCoates2016Wesley Coates

Wesley Coates is a degreed tutor with Tusculum. Wesley received a bachelor’s degree in English at East Tennessee State University. Wesley works at First Tennessee Human Resource Agency as the Assistant to the Director of Corrections. Wesley enjoys Bret Easton Ellis books, podcasts, the Chicago Blackhawks and is an avid fan of all things Batman. “A WINNER IS YOU”

Raphaela Jann

I am originally from Hamburg, Germany. I obtained a double Bachelor in Mass Communication and Political Science from Lipscomb University in 2009. Afterwards I got a Masters in Multimedia Sports Journalism from the European University in Madrid, Spain. I worked as a sports journalist for Eurosport in Paris, France until 2018, where I also tutored a lot. I am now at Tusculum to get my MBA and work with the tennis teams. I enjoy sports, languages and reading.

Dr. Michael Bodary

Professor Vicky Johnson

Christa delsorbo

Morristown Tutors

Laura Carr (also at the Greeneville Campus)

Laura Carr 200x200

Hi, my name is Laura Carr, and I am a math and history tutor here at Tusculum. I graduated in 2019, and as an undergraduate, I was a member of two organizations: S.M.A.S.H. (Students of Museum Studies And Students of History) and Phi Alpha Theta. My hobbies include reading, watching Netflix, playing board games, and spending time with family and friends.

Knoxville Tutors

Charles “Chuck” McGee

“I’m a brat (Dad was an AF fighter pilot), went to the USAF Academy, graduating in 1976 (BS History).  Got my Masters from Boston U in 1990 (International Relations).  Served 20 years in the USAF as a fighter pilot; flew F-111s, T-38s as an instructor, and German Tornadoes.  Retired in 1996 and flew airlines with World Airways (1997) and Delta Air Lines (1997-2018 (retiring from Delta in Dec 2018).Worked as a sub in Knox County Schools for 9 years, then switched to tutoring in Jan 2011.  I’ve worked with K-12, college undergrad, and Masters students.  Over the years I’ve tutored Biology, Accounting, Statistics, Macro & Microeconomics, US & World History, Political Science, Math thru Calculus I, German, English & Writing, & Finance.

Wrote a book, published in 2010 (A Cockpit in New Guinea, based on my dad); I play in a rock band (Truflyers), mostly classic rock.  I enjoy reading, golf, cooking, & Star Trek (original).  Plan on tutoring as long as my brain holds out…”