MEET THE TUTORS

Peer Tutors – Greeneville

Amber Loggains 200x200Amber Loggains

Hello, my name is Amber Loggains. I am majoring in SPED (special education). I am a junior here at Tusculum College. I am an English tutor, a Pioneer Connections mentor, the female house manager for Patton House, a member of TAB (Tusculum Activity Board), and the treasurer for the Open Door Society here on campus. I enjoy just about anything you can think of from fishing/hunting to binge watching shows on Netflix to reading my bible. Overall, I enjoy helping people.

Brittani Brooks

Hi ya’ll! My name is Brittani Brooks and I am a student athlete majoring in Behavioral Psychology and a player on the Tusculum Women’s Tennis Team. I’m originally from Dallas Texas. And aside from playing tennis, I love to play guitar, sing, read books, eat and cook, and hanging out with friends. My overall goal is to get my undergraduate degree in Psychology then move on to graduate school to get my masters in Speech Pathology.

Cheyenne Beeler 200x200

Cheyenne Beeler

Hello, my name is Cheyenne Beeler. I am a junior with a major in Information Technology, and I expect to graduate in December of 2018. My hometown is Clinton, Tennessee. I am also am honors student. I enjoy walking trails, playing videogames, and watching paranormal shows and movies in my free time.

Dallas Kuykendall 200x200

Dallas Kuykendall

Hi, my name is Dallas Kuykendall. I am majoring in business administration with a focus in accounting. I’m currently going into my junior year at Tusculum College. I am part of the Pioneering Connections mentoring program on campus as well as a house manager for the Hurley Society. I like eating pizza and watching Netflix in my free time.

De’Erica Garrett

Hi!! My name is De’Erica Garrett. I am double majoring in business with one focus in management and the other in entrepreneurship. I am a tutor for Accounting I and Accounting II. I do not play a sport, but I am highly active on campus. My activities include TAB (Tusculum Activities Board), Student Support Services Mentor, President Society, the Honors program, Vice President of both SGA and Tusculum College Business Club and an Orientation Leader. In my free time, I love to listen to music, go for walks and be active, watch TV and most of all sleep. My life motto is “Pray, cry, do what you need to do but tomorrow you have to get up, work for that degree and keep is pushing”.

Deniz Dalkiran

Hello, my name is Deniz Dalkiran. I am a student-athlete from Istanbul, Turkey. I am double majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics, Computer Science Concentration and a member of the Women’s Basketball Team. I am a math tutor. I like reading books, watching tv shows, and playing video games during my free time.

Emily Pietzyk

Hello, my name is Emily Pietzyk, and I am one of your English tutors here at Tusculum. I am a freshman majoring in K-12 Special Education. I have a passion for working with kids, especially those with special needs. You can find me coaching soccer or basketball on the weekends in my hometown of Maryville, Tennessee. During my free time I enjoy napping, spending time with friends and family and eating Chick-Fil-A.

Emma MacDonald

Hi my name’s Emma MacDonald and I’m a psychology tutor. I major in psychology and minor in biology and plan to obtain my PhD in clinical psychology. I’m from Canada, but am at Tusculum playing for the Women’s Soccer Team. I’m also Treasurer for the Psychology Club, a member of the President’s Society and Alpha Chi Honour’s Society. I enjoy playing sports, listening to music, spending times with friends and family, watching Netflix and eating good food!

James Spears, V

Hello! My name is James Spears, V. I am a Junior History major from Knoxville, Tennessee. In my free time enjoy reading histories and classic fiction, writing, listening to rap music, and shooting sports photography. After I graduate from Tusculum I hope to pursue a Master’s in History.”

Jazmyn Bishop

Hello, my name is Jazmyn Bishop. I am majoring in English Creative Writing. I am an English Tutor. I’m expected to graduate in May of 2020 with a bachelor’s degree. I enjoy playing video games, reading, watching anime, and writing during my free time. I am the president of the Pioneer Gaming Club and an officer of many other clubs on campus along with being a manager at Cinema 4 in Rogersville, TN. After graduation, I hope to work at Penguin.

Jennifer Dalton 200x200

Jennifer Dalton

Hi, my name is Jennifer Dalton. I’m a mathematics major with a minor in psychology and business. I’m expected to graduate in 2018 with a bachelor’s degree. I plan to go to graduate school as well as work as a teacher. Tutoring is my dream job because I love to teach and it prepares me for my future job as a teacher. I’m also the president of the Anime club so I’m super nerdy lol. I also crochet and am a total bookworm. 🙂

Jessica Small 200x200

Jessica Small

Hey, my name is Jessica Small and I am a math education major with a minor in coaching. I am a sophomore at Tusculum and I live on campus. I am drum major for the Tusculum College Marching Pioneers, a member of TAB, and a Freshmen Orientation Leader. When I have free time, I enjoy hanging out with my friends, listening to music, playing basketball, and reading. I plan on graduating May of 2020, if not sooner, and teach math at a high school level and coach basketball on the side.

J'Quen Johnson 200x200

J’Quen Johnson

Hi all! I’m J’Quen, an Education major with a minor in psychology, moving into my third year at Tusculum. I chose education because I want to make a difference in the lives of as many students as I can. I am a member of the Tusculum XC and TF team. In my spare time I like to sleep, spend time with friends, and watch ESPN

Kayla Sager 200x200

Kayla Sager

Hi, my name is Kayla Sager, and I am a sophomore. I am a biology: pre-med major. I am a tutor for biology and chemistry. I am a residential student, and I live in McEwen, TN. Along with tutoring, I am a mentor in SSS. I am also in the Honors program. During my extra time, I enjoy outdoor activities and spending time with friends and family.

Laura Carr 200x200

Laura Carr

Hi, my name is Laura Carr, and I am a math tutor here at Tusculum. I am a history major, and I intend to graduate in 2019. I am also a member of two organizations: S.M.A.S.H. (Students of Museum Studies And Students of History) and Phi Alpha Theta. My hobbies include reading, watching Netflix, playing board games, and spending time with family and friends.

Taylor Berryhill

Hello my name is Taylor Berryhill and I am a junior here at Tusculum. I am a double major in Athletic training and Pre-physical therapy. I plan on graduating in May of 2019, after graduation I hope to attend physical therapy school. Currently I am the Religion tutor, a freshman orientation leader, member of President’s Society, and the Vice President of the Athletic Training Student Society. My favorite free time activities are playing with my puppy Peanut, watching The Office, or reading a book.

Degreed Tutors

David OttingerDavid Ottinger

David Ottinger is a degreed tutor with Tusculum College. David received his bachelors of science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE) from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville and has completed 15 graduate hours in education from the University of Tennessee at Martin. David has worked in industry for over 30 years, and is currently an Industrial Engineer at JOST International in Greeneville. Currently David is working toward earning a Green Belt in Six Sigma at his work and taking classes for a Masters of Mathematics. His military experience includes active duty in the Navy aboard submarines to cooking in the Tennessee Air National Guard. Hobbies include bicycling and cooking.

JessimineJessimine Strauss

Jessimine Strauss is a degreed tutor with Tusculum College. She is an alumna of Tusculum having earned a B.A. in Psychology. In her spare time, Jessimine enjoys watching Netflix and Bond films, reading manga, and listening to music.

WesCoates2016Wesley Coates

Wesley Coates is a degreed tutor with Tusculum College. Wesley received a bachelor’s degree in English at East Tennessee State University. Wesley works at First Tennessee Human Resource Agency as the Assistant to the Director of Corrections. Wesley enjoys Bret Easton Ellis books, podcasts, the Chicago Blackhawks and is an avid fan of all things Batman. “A WINNER IS YOU”

Morristown Tutors

bill odonnellBill O’Donnell

My name is Bill O’Donnell, and I am a degreed tutor with Tusculum College.  I am a graduate of Seton Hall University in New Jersey and have received my Master’s Degree from Boston University.  I lived in Germany for thirty-two years while teaching for the Department of Defense Dependents School System.  After returning to the States, I taught Developmental Writing at Walters State Community College in Morristown, Tennessee for five semesters.  My main hobbies are flower gardening and reading.

michele parksMichele Parks

Michele Parks is a degreed tutor with Tusculum College.  Michele received a bachelor’s degree in Business Data Processing from Carson-Newman College, an associate’s degree in Nursing from Walters State Community College, and a master’s degree in Teaching from Carson-Newman College.  Michele works at Jefferson Middle School where she teaches eighth-grade Mathematics.  In her spare time, Michele enjoys reading and spending time with her husband, three children, five cats, six dogs and six horses.

Knoxville Tutors

Charles “Chuck” McGee

“I’m a brat (Dad was an AF fighter pilot), went to the USAF Academy, graduating in 1976 (BS History).  Got my Masters from Boston U in 1990 (International Relations).  Served 20 years in the USAF as a fighter pilot; flew F-111s, T-38s as an instructor, and German Tornadoes.  Retired in 1996 and flew airlines with World Airways (1997) and Delta Air Lines (1997-2018 (retiring from Delta in Dec 2018).Worked as a sub in Knox County Schools for 9 years, then switched to tutoring in Jan 2011.  I’ve worked with K-12, college undergrad, and Masters students.  Over the years I’ve tutored Biology, Accounting, Statistics, Macro & Microeconomics, US & World History, Political Science, Math thru Calculus I, German, English & Writing, & Finance.

Wrote a book, published in 2010 (A Cockpit in New Guinea, based on my dad); I play in a rock band (Truflyers), mostly classic rock.  I enjoy reading, golf, cooking, & Star Trek (original).  Plan on tutoring as long as my brain holds out…”