Faculty, please feel free to use the following statement on your syllabi to inform your students about the Tutoring Center:
The Center for Academic Support and Tutoring and has moved from the Thomas J. Garland Library to the Meen Center on the Greeneville campus. In-person tutoring sessions are available in Room 002 on the ground floor.
Free tutoring services are provided for traditional as well as adult and online students. Tutoring for the fall semester is provided on a drop-in basis for major subjects from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and 7-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday at the Center for Academic Success and Tutoring in Meen.
Students who study at the Greeneville, Knoxville and Morristown locations can also schedule virtual and in-person appointments through the TutorOcean platform. Information on accessing TutorOcean is available below. All students who access tutoring services must create a TutorOcean account.
Students may also request tutoring services by emailing the Tutoring Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the faculty reserves the right to require students to attend tutoring sessions.
Tutoring appointments should be booked via the TutorOcean platform, available at https://tusculum.tutorocean.com/home or through the TutorOcean link on Tusculum’s main tutoring page, https://web.tusculum.edu/tutoring/.
Students must create an account to book tutoring services online
To create an account and book tutoring appointments, please complete the following steps:
- Choose the “Sign Up” option located in the upper right hand corner of Tusculum’s TutorOcean homepage.
- Select “Sign up as a student.”
- Enter your name and Tusculum email address and create a password. You will be sent a verification email to this address.
- Check your Tusculum email and click on the embedded “Verify email” link to confirm your email address. This will bring you to the TutorOcean welcome page.
- Click on the orange “Find a tutor” button, where you can search for a tutor by subject, course or name.
- Select “View Profile” to view a tutor’s availability and book an appointment.
- Click on any available appointments in the calendar to schedule a session with your tutor, either online or in-person. You will be sent an email confirming your session.
- There is also a chat feature available in the bottom right hand corner if you would like to contact a tutor before making an appointment.
How to get the most out of a tutoring session:
- Start right away. Those who start tutoring at the beginning of the class typically do better than those who wait.
- Come prepared. Please bring your class notes and your textbook. Look over the readings and try the problems. If you can, bring some specific questions to ask your tutor. The more you prepare, the more you will get out of the session.
- Be respectful. Tutors and tutees are expected to maintain a professional relationship with one another.