Here at Tusculum University, we take pride in the communities in which we live and our dedicated friends, alumni, and donors. Our actions have always been and will continue to be, guided by the commitment we have to our community, students, donors, alumni, friends, faculty and staff.
I ask that you please read this letter carefully as several changes will be taking place in order to be a vendor, concerning pricing, and location of festival.
Changes are as follows:
- The festival will only be a two-day festival, Saturday and Sunday
- Festival hours will be- Saturday 10am to 8pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm
- We will only have OUTDOOR vendors this year (with exception to Authors’ Row)
- Vendor registration is $50
- Authors’ Row vendors will be $50 per space
- There is no charge for entertainment
- There will be NO OTHER CHARGES ONCE VENDOR FEE IS PAID (NO 10 or 15 % collection at end of Old Oak Festival)
- The location of the festival will be starting near the Tusculum Arch, with vendor spaces located down the pathway toward McCormick Hall and toward the Thomas J. Garland library.
- Authors’ Row will be located inside the main level of the Thomas J. Garland library.
- Entertainment will be held at the amphitheater at the library bowl.
- Food Vendors will be set up around the Quad area, located between McCormick and Niswonger.
- The registration desk will be set up at the Old Oak tree, located beside the Andrew Johnson Museum.
- Car show will be located in the Niswonger parking area in front of Niswonger Commons. $15 per car entry. First 100 cars to sign-up will get a free Old Oak Festival dash plaque.
- All vendors (artisans, food, authors, and entertainment) should enter the festival from the Gilland Street entrance (road directly across the street from Tusculum Baptist Church), stop at registration booth, then drive around the quad area in order to unload your merchandise.
- Authors’ Row vendors will check in at registration table, unload, and set up from 4-5:30pm on Friday, April 21st
- Outdoor vendors will check in at registration table, unload, and set up from 6-8pm on Friday, April 21st
- Food Trucks will check in at registration table on Saturday morning from 7-9am on Saturday, April 22nd
- Volunteers will assist you in unloading your merchandise and moving it to your area. Once you are unloaded and your merchandise has been moved to your designated space, you will then move your vehicle behind Katherine Hall (parking lot near the Pioneer Football and Baseball fields). A shuttle will then come pick you up and bring you back to the drop off location near the sidewalk pathway. Please treat our student volunteers with upmost respect as they are volunteering their time to help you unload your merchandise. Anyone disrespecting the student volunteers will be asked to leave the premises.
- Campus Security will be working around the clock to assure spaces are monitored. Authors’ Row vendor spaces will be behind locked doors after hours to assure security inside the building.
- Food vendors that do not have a permit issued by the Health Department, I will let you know when the health inspector will be on campus so you can make arrangements to be present while he is on campus.
We are hoping for a beautiful weekend for our festival! If you would like to reserve a space, we ask that you please fill out the registration form and send a check made payable to Tusculum University, PO Box 5040, Greeneville, TN 37745. No booth spaces will be reserved without payment.
This festival, just like most other festivals, will not take place if inclement weather should arise. We cannot guarantee nice weather, so we ask that you please come prepared.
If you have questions regarding the festival, please visit our website at www.tusculum.edu/oldoakfestival/ or you can email me at email@example.com or by giving me a call at 423-636-0565.
We look forward to having you on campus for the Old Oak Festival and wishing you much success.
Director of Alumni and Community Engagement
For questions or comments please contact:
Nicole Rader (Festival Director – firstname.lastname@example.org – 423-972-3001)
Jimmy Rader (Artisans -email@example.com– 423-552-3383)
Matilda Green (Authors –firstname.lastname@example.org – 423-329-5366)
Dr. Tim Carter (Entertainment – email@example.com – 423-444-0317)