Welcome from Dr. Michell Temple
Counseling and ADA Services is a part of the Office of Student Affairs at Tusculum University. Counseling and ADA Services provides mental health counseling and disability services at no cost for currently enrolled students of the University. It supports the Tusculum community through services, programs, consultations, and referrals that are therapeutic, preventive, and educational.
Counseling and ADA Services offers secular and Christian Integrated services in a timely manner within a safe, respectful, and nonjudgmental environment. Services are available at a level of professional care that promotes emotional well-being, spiritual growth, academic success, diversity and healthy interpersonal relationships.
Goals of Counseling and ADA Services
Salt to provide Access. Offer behavioral health services and disability accommodations to support the personal development and academic progression of students.
Light to promote Equity. Model excellence in student-centered services and programs using multiple formats.
Grace in the pursuit of Inclusion. Invite every student to engage in transformational experiences.
Objectives of Counseling and ADA Services
• provides counseling (individual and group) and/or referrals for personal and academic concerns.
• integrates services within university initiatives, academic programs, specific courses, and campus life.
• supports the learning and retention of students through appropriate treatment and/or referral.
• focuses on areas of prevention on campus through education, communication, and crisis intervention strategies.
• directs individuals in crisis intervention/emergency to the proper sources of care available.
• offers services that promote and respect the self-determination of individuals with disabilities.
• provides disability accommodations and related support service.
• provides auxiliary aids and services to students and visitors.
• coordinates compliance of the disability-related requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Fair Housing Act, and all other applicable laws.
Dr. Michell Temple, LPC/MHSP is the Counselor and ADA Coordinator for all Tusculum University students. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.