Associate degree registered nurses with current, unencumbered nursing licenses may complete the baccalaureate nursing degree at Tusculum University.
Registered Nurse (RN) student course credits will be transferred and awarded according to established policies of Tusculum University. Completion of core requirements and nursing courses for graduation requires individualized schedule planning; RN students are encouraged to work closely with their advisor.
Admission requirements for the RN student seeking a baccalaureate degree are:
- Meet admission requirements of Tusculum University as a degree-seeking student.
- Meet the following nursing program admission requirements:
- Earned cumulative college-level grade point average (GPA) of 2.750 or higher,
- Earned minimum of “C” in all courses (NOTE: “C-” grades are not acceptable), and
- Submit a School of Nursing application.
- Provide documentation of graduation (transcript) from a Tennessee Board of Nursing approved associate degree RN program or documentation of graduation from a state approved associate degree RN program elsewhere in the U.S.
- Hold an unencumbered, active Tennessee RN license (or hold an unencumbered RN license from another state and be eligible for Tennessee licensure).
- Provide documentation of prior nursing practice.
Once the RN student has received provisional acceptance, he/she will have to meet all background check, drug screening, immunizations, PPD, health assessment and BLS certification requirements.
For more information or to schedule an appointment to discuss completion of the degree requirements, call us at (423) 636-7430.