Tusculum’s Engaged Calendar represents our commitment to listening to and to responding to our student’s needs.
We listened, and the new Engaged Calendar is the response to frequently shared concerns from our students, as well as from faculty and staff.
The Engaged Calendar provides increased learning opportunities for Tusculum students as it:
- Provides more breaks/days off from classes during both fall and spring semesters
- provides set exam dates for both semesters
- Provides more lecture time options for Monday/Thursday and Tuesday/Friday classes
- Increases lab time options, with classes meeting once per week on either Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday from either 8:00-10:45 a.m. or 12:30-3:15 p.m., allowing for one session of 2:45 of instruction or experimentation for lab courses
The new Engaged Calendar also provides two Engaged Learning time options per week:
- Engaged Learning is an opportunity outside of curricular requirements (e.g., independent study, independent research, special topics, special offerings) or internships, service-learning, senior seminars, etc.
- Engaged Learning will occur on Wednesdays only from either 8:00-10:45 a.m. or 12:30-3:30 p.m.