The Healthcare Management program is designed for anyone who would like to begin a career or advance their current career in healthcare.
The bachelor’s degree in healthcare management at Tusculum College intentionally combines business and healthcare administration courses, with the purpose of providing students with an understanding of the evolution in the healthcare industry towards operating as a traditional business.
The BS in Healthcare Management program is offered both in a fully-online format in Tusculum’s Graduate & Professional Studies Program and on-site on the Greeneville campus for Traditional Program students. The program will begin for all students in Fall 2017.
The program is an excellent option for current healthcare employees that have already earned an Associate’s degree in a healthcare technical field, but require a Bachelor’s degree to seek a managerial position.
Graduates of the healthcare management program may seek employment opportunities with, but not limited to:
- physician and dental practices;
- community health agencies;
- home care, long-term care and managed care organizations;
- government entities;
- advocacy organizations and professional associations; and
- the insurance industry
Upon completion of the healthcare program course of study, graduates will:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Identify and understand the role of ethics and confidentiality in the healthcare setting
- Demonstrate professionalism in the healthcare setting
- Demonstrate knowledge of foundational business disciplines
- Demonstrate knowledge of healthcare management disciplines
- Demonstrate decision-making and critical thinking/problem solving skills in a healthcare setting
- Understand the use of technology within the healthcare business environment